There will be a pre-race briefing at Maroubra Beach on Saturday 28 September for all competitors directly before the start of the race.
Start time is 3pm for all distances.
Each distance event is run on the soft sand, Maroubra Beach, NSW. See the map below for a satellite image of the location.
Event Distance Info
5km - soft sand
10km - soft sand
Half Marathon (21.1km) - soft sand
Marathon (42.2km) - soft sand
Marathon Relay (42.2km) - Team of 4 soft sand
Each athlete must run a minimum of 10km.
Please ensure that you have trained sufficiently and are physically capable of completing the event within your current level of health and fitness. You must also ensure at all times during the event that you are performing well within your level of skill and ability for each of the three disciplines.
Each athlete is required to read and accept waiver terms and conditions, which you can read here
Hydration & Nutrition
Please ensure you commence the event adequately hydrated and bring with you any nutrition you may need, particularly if you are doing the marathon event.
Water stations are provided on Maroubra Beach.
1. All runners must run the prescribed course and ensure that their name is marked off the official entrants register at the start and conclusion of the event even if they do not complete the course.
2. Runners must run in the category for which they registered.
3. All runners must wear their prescribed race number and timing device.
4. Only registered runners may participate in the course during the event.
5. All runners are to behave in a fair and sportsman/sportswoman-like manner without interference or aggression towards other competitors and any breach of this rule will result in disqualification.
6. If in the opinion of the event medical officer a runner is deemed unfit to participate or continue, the competitor must resign from the event without recourse against the Organisers.
7. If Authorities deem conditions too dangerous to commence or continue the event, the run will be cancelled without notice.
8. Strict cut off times for each event will be adhered to and any competitor unable to finish their event within these time frames will be classed as a non-finisher. The completion times for the 5km is 2 hours from the starting time of 3pm and 4 hours for the 10km from the starting time of 3pm. The completion time for the Half Marathon is 5 hours from the starting time of 3pm and the completion time for the Marathon is 7 hours and must be completed by 10.00 pm
9. Prize winners must be present to receive their prizes.
Each distance event is run entirely on soft sand at Maroubra Beach.